Senior Director of Parcel and Carrier Partnerships
OneRail is one of the top five fastest growing companies in Orlando. As our growth continues and we expand our services, our need to hire best-in-class team members also continues to increase. We are excited to be adding multiple career opportunities including a
Reporting to OneRail’s Chief Financial Officer (CFO)/Chief Operations Officer (CCO), the Senior Director of Parcel and Carrier Partnerships will be responsible for the development of our strategic direction for our Omnichannel Logistics Partner network. This role will specifically focus on 3rd-Party Logistics (3PL), 4th-Party Logistics (4PL), Less-than-Truckload (LTL), Full Truckload (FTL), and Crossdock providers within the connected Logistics Partner network. Tasked with cr eating and scaling a network, this role requires extensive logistics background and strong connections within traditional Carrier Networks.
This position may be eligible to telecommute from a remote workspace. However, preference/priority will always be given to candidates who express the ability to work on site at OneRail HQ in Orlando, FL (ZIP code 32819).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and direct the OneRail carrier partnership team- set the vision and standards, direct the function, and build a strong team aligned with the strategy. Provide effective leadership to achieve on-time customer delivery, cost reductions, performance, improved productivity and quality objectives set for the business
- Manage the Carrier Management operational requirements and IT road maps.
- Create innovative delivery solutions with a focus multiple mode delivery options including Parcel, FTL, LTL, and PTL
- Stay connected to external trends and evolving transportation solutions.
- Engage key stakeholders in transportation processes, including the establishment of policies and procedures
- Develop, implement, and ensure service and KPI levels that meet the needs of all the customers in the market we serve
- Develop analytical tools and reporting to help drive value-added business decisions. Provide analytical expertise interpreting data and trends in transportation service and costs.
- Lead customer contract negotiations and implementations to ensure that customer delivery requirements are understood and that the terms and conditions can be realistically and profitably fulfilled
- Lead all carrier RFP business events
- Support initiatives as needed with in-depth knowledge of all carrier shipping services and pricing
- Work collaboratively with sales and local courier leadership on customer solutions, innovation, and problem resolution
Essential Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in business or similar field preferred
- 10+ years’ experience over transportation, logistics, and supply chain
- Extensive experience with parcel, courier operations, LTL, TL, eCommerce solutions, and transportation pricing
- 5 years’ experience with LTL, Parcel, and FTL networks
- Experience of global carrier market solutions in the ecommerce sector.
- Awareness of international carrier operations.
- Previous experience working with 3PL providers alongside multiple Carriers, or within a retail environment managing multi carrier strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team in a fast paced, demanding and high transaction volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness; ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
- Broad results-oriented leadership capacity with a high energy level; strong work ethic;
- Strong verbal and written communication and collaboration
OneRail is an innovative technology startup located in Orlando, Florida. We are a delivery orchestration platform that provides multi-modal delivery automation, optimization, and real-time visibility for enterprise clients, all in one place. OneRail connects shippers to an extensive courier ecosystem to enable same day, parcel, LTL, next day, scheduled, and economy delivery selected through automation and rate shopping across all modes.
All Team Member Benefits
- Competitive base compensation
- Health Insurance with generous company contribution (medical, dental, vision)
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- 4% 401K match with immediate vesting of Company match
- Continuing Education Opportunities
- Flexible/Open (Uncapped) Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Generous Company-paid Holidays
- Standing desks
- Recreational and Video games
- Large breakroom and lounge
- Stocked kitchen and fridges
- Cappuccino machine
- Onsite restaurant and daily food trucks
- Onsite car detailing
- Onsite dry cleaning
- Ample free parking
To view more details about what is like to work at OneRail, or to view a full list of career opportunities, please visit https://www.onerail.com/careers/